Hello folks! As a farm operator with a dayjob, there’s no time for a newsletter. I must travel to Duluth this morning for the annual Extension Program Conference. Boxes are available at the farm as of 8 am this morning and those in D.L. will be there by 8:30 if you want to pick up early. Take care. -Ryan.
In the box:
- Mixed Beets: A mix of gold, red, and Chiogga beets (cut a cross-section Chiogga are pretty inside with red and white concentric circles)
- Delicata Squash
- Acorn Squash
- ‘Sunshine’ Kabocha Squash: If you like buttercup, you should like Kabocha. Similar color and taste.
- Yellow ‘Satina’ Potatoes
- Sweet Onion and Red Torpedo Onion
- A few Tomatoes
- Italia Pepper
- Yellow or Orange Pepper
- Mizuna: A Japanese green you had in some spring boxes. This can be mixed in with a salad or put on sandwiches or burger instead of standard iceberg.
- Fresh Dill: Best idea ever – cut this up with some sour cream and put on those yellow potatoes!
- Little Broccoli: A few of you lucked out and got a nice-sized head, but most of you got these tiny heads (bit of a disappointment – in hindsight, I should have planted them in a different area).